Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wednesday, October 3

Breakfast at hotel and drive to Jaipur. Sightseeing along the way and shopping. Change hotelShahpura HouseDevi Marg, Bani Park , Jaipur - 302016 (India91-141-2203069, 2202293E-mail - shahpurahous@usa.net Website - www.shahpurahouse.com

I love this hotel. It is full of old world charm, has a rooftop restaurant, and an internet office. Our room is comfortable and clean and has a full bathroom. In this our fifth day, it is good to catch my breath.

Kimberly and I had a long conversation tonight about expectations and experiences thus far in India. We talk about the cultural differences and Indian perception of Americans, especially American women. I told her what the Indian women told me during my first trip about how Indian women act. Indian women are extremely reserved in public, they seldom make direct eye contact with men they don’t know and they dress quite modestly. If you want to “blend in” its best to wear conservative American clothing correctly over traditional Indian clothes incorrectly. Ultimately it is up to each of us how and how much we want to conform. I got to bed around 1:30 a.m. I didn’t sleep well. My nose is beginning to bleed.

No comments: