Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thursday, October 4

Early morning sightseeing tour (elephant ride to Red Fort) and back to hotel for breakfast. Shopping and leisure rest of day.

Interesting day today. We went to the Red Fort and Sam and Betty bought a rug. I took Kim out to the market to shop for punjabi’s and she took me to temple. I felt out of place at temple. I wasn’t sure how to act or how to be respectful of the ritual. We were the only non-Indians there. I’m reminded of how new everything was when I was here last time. It’s difficult to get my bearings at Temple. The thing is, I’ve been fascinated with India for a long time, but I’ve never wanted to be Indian. I’m not drawn to adopt its culture or convert to Hinduism. I am, however, excited by its possibilities and people, and I am for the most part comfortable here. I believe in India’s promise. It’s another long night. I’m still not sleeping well.

No comments: